Diane Lane, c.1985
c h a r a c t e r m e m e [3/???] →
SherriCherry Valance"I’ll bet you think the Socs have it made. The rich kids, the West-side Socs. I’ll tell you something, and it may come as a surprise. We have troubles you’ve never even heard of.”
i feel targeted because
people and me in this fandom are made out to be some fucking venomous pieces of shit because we feel hurt that youre doing this
we get sent death threats and get told to slit our wrists because we feel hurt by you
we get insulted we get torn apart because we feel hurt by you
and suddenly you are the victim and it is all a okay again because you were angry at the time
i called that girl a slut and erased every other part of her but it is okay because i was angry
i told that girl to slit her wrists knowing she is suicidal but it is okay because i was angry
i’m a weak son of a bitch who can not pick my battles and i think it is okay to be toxic because i felt angry one time.
i can say this stuff on the internet i can write all i want about how lesbians make me uncomfortable they’re so gross ew lesbians lol.
but then i can go write slash like its nothing and ill complain when someone calls me homophobic.
but i don’t like lesbians and that’s an opinion and opinions are never wrong!!!!!
i dont like that girls hair doesnt mean im gonna go up to her and tell her to shave it off im not gonna go up to a pair of girls holding hands in the street and call them offensive slurs and tell them their way of living is wrong i wouldnt do that to anyone because its fucking disgusting
youre racist? you openly broadcast it? cool! you are not a bad person for being racist. you can make all the comments you want in public that hurt many people but its fie because its how you feel.
someone calls you out? have a glass of milk and ill comfort you because they hurt your feelings.
you dont like lesbians? trash on them. call them everything you can think and cry when you get backlash. cry because they hurt your self esteem.
because opinions cant be ‘wrong’ they cant be ‘hurtful’ they cant make you angry and want to defend yourself
'its an opinion you have to respect it!' i dont have to respect anything if it is targeting me and my friends or /anyone/ in a bad light. i dont have to respect toxic behavior i dont have to respect a person worth less than trash you find in the bottom of a dumpster.
go ahead and whitewash go ahead and hate women praise the white male go ahead and be homophobic and transphobic do all you want because you can never be wrong in this community! it doesnt matter if you hurt someone! keep being that way! they dont like it? too damn bad theyre just weak babies! ha ha!”
I hope to god that ponyboy met another cute soc who actually gave ponyboy the time of day and cherry gets all like well fuck! I fucked up!
because ya you fucking did
inspired by [x]
Meryl Streep & Diane Lane | 42nd Annual Life Achievement Award, 2014
Diane Lane as Cherry Valance
i will come back from the GRAVE to defend cherry valance
okay i don’t like cherry (but remember i love diane lane k) because
- she knew better than to even talk to ponyboy and johnny, she knew it would cause trouble
- she mentioned that her boyfriend was drunk, she could’ve just said she was waiting for someone or there with marcia her friend, you don’t just announce that your boyfriend is drunk to strangers
- if she hadn’t mentioned the drunk boyfriend, two-bit, johnny, and ponyboy probably wouldn’t have felt so inclined to walk home with them..
- she and marcia said they would take care of bob and his friends if i remember right, so she could’ve made sure that he ended up in bed asleep instead of out looking for a fight
- she helps the greasers out why? probably to clear her conscious or do her good dead for the day because if she was actually concerned she probably wouldn’t have just made sure there weren’t weapons because that was already supposed to be one of the rules…
- i understand some people will say that she testified in the favor of ponyboy but um.. you’re required by law to tell the truth so that doesn’t really deserve a pat on the back sorry
- cherry ignores ponyboy at school, and it really gets me because she was popular, she had the opportunity to change some of the social drift and she blew it, congrats cherry
- she says ‘if i see dallas winston again i might just fall in love with him’ while she’s grieving the death of her boyfriend k
- she ignored ponyboy
'if she hadn’t mentioned the drunk boyfriend, two-bit, johnny, and ponyboy probably wouldn’t have felt so inclined to walk home with them..'
—— “AFTER THE MOVIE was over it suddenly came to us that Cherry and Marcia didn’t have a way to get home. Two-Bit gallantly offered to walk them home—- the west side of town was only about twenty miles away—- but they wanted to call their parents and have them come and get them. Two-Bit finally talked them into letting us drive them home in his car. I think they were still half-scared of us.”
‘she and marcia said they would take care of bob and his friends if i remember right, so she could’ve made sure that he ended up in bed asleep instead of out looking for a fight’
—— literally never happened, read the book.
'she helps the greasers out why? probably to clear her conscious or do her good dead for the day because if she was actually concerned she probably wouldn’t have just made sure there weren’t weapons because that was already supposed to be one of the rules…’
—— probably bc she’s a good person l o l
'cherry ignores ponyboy at school, and it really gets me because she was popular, she had the opportunity to change some of the social drift and she blew it, congrats cherry'
—— yeah bc ONE PERSON can change a social drift get ur head out of the sand this was the 60s
'she says ‘if i see dallas winston again i might just fall in love with him’ while she’s grieving the death of her boyfriend k’
——- that was before bob even died, once again read the book.
'she ignored ponyboy'
—— dallas winston robbed a convience store, shot at cops and was a nasty person in general. where’s his hate??? god forbid a cute redhead ignores the main character. get over it bye